Remember, it takes a full 2 weeks to see your results of anti wrinkle injections and 2-4 weeks for dermal fillers.
Anti Wrinkle AftercareYou may begin to notice the effects of your treatment within 3-5 days.
- Avoid alcohol and exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not touch or rub the area for a few hours after treatment.
- Avoid facials, massaging the area and acupuncture to the area for 1 week after treatment.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- You may experience a headache, paracetamol may be taken if required.
- Tenderness and bruising may appear at injection sites.
Dermal Filler Aftercare
The results of dermal fillers are best with regular and continued treatments over time.
- The first 24-48 hours you will experience redness, swelling and tenderness in the treated areas.
- Avoid touching, applying pressure and massaging the treated area.
- Gently apply a cool compress or wrapped ice pack to the treated area for approx. 15 minutes every few hours as needed to reduce pain, swelling and bruising up to a few days after treatment.
- Do not consume alcohol, hot drinks or do any exercise for 24 hours.
- If you get any bruising, apply ice and arnica cream.
- Do not smoke, as smoking can accelerate the breakdown of the product.
- If you experience any prolonged pain in the area injected or change in skin colour or mottling bruise appearance, please contact me immediately for advice.
Double Chin Reduction Aftercare
- After your treatment, you should expect swelling and redness. You may also experience bruising, pain, numbness, and induration (firmness). This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. You may have swelling of the area for up to a month. Swelling is a good sign that the treatment is working.
- Ice and Paracetamol can be used for swelling and discomfort. Do not place ice directly onto the skin.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 3 days after your treatment.
- Sleeping with your head elevated for the 3nights after your treatment can help minimize swelling.
- Do not scratch, pick at, massage or manipulate the treatment area.
You may apply your normal skin care regimen to the area, including cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen etc.
PDO Mono Threads Aftercare
• Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. When applying makeup over the next five days, do so gently in the treated area
• Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment
• Bruising and swelling is to be expected and will resolve in a few days
• Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights
• Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks
• There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week
• Avoid strenuous exercise or contact sports for three weeks
• No dental surgery for four weeks
• Avoid saunas or heat treatments (Laser, IPL) in the treated area for three weeks
• Remember, results can be expected in 8–12 weeks
IMMEDIATELY AFTER TREATMENT
- There may be moderate redness, warmth and swelling that can last 1-3 days. Apply cool face cloth if required.
- There may be bruising which can last 1-5 days. If bruising occurs, avoid medications such as Aspirin, nurofen, vitamin E or fish oils which may exacerbate bruising, for 24 hours.
- Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun so avoid sun exposure and solarium treatments for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
Do not apply foundation for 24 hours as slight weeping may occur.
OVER THE NEXT WEEK
- Redness will settle and may be replaced by dry, tight skin. This will shed over the next week to reveal a fresh skin. You MUST NOT pick, scratch or use any exfoliant as this may damage the new skin and introduce bacteria, leading to skin infections.
- Avoid any skincare that contains AHA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid or Retinoic Acid for 3-5 days. Use a bland cleanser and moisturiser morning and night, along with applying 30+ or 50+ sunscreen daily.
It is important to maintain a good skincare routine with frequent hydration/moisturisation.
Clinical Peels Aftercare
- Your recovery time will be influenced by the type of Peel you have received and your skin's individual response.
- Avoid exercise and getting face wet for the next 24 hours.
- For the next 5 - 10 days: NO EXFOLIATING PRODUCTS, only use products recommended to you by Skinsational Cosmetic Nursing, no anti wrinkle injections or sun exposure.
- For the next 2 weeks: No Facial waxing, IPL, LASER, dermal fillers, microdermabrasion or epidermal levelling.
- DO NOT PICK AT YOUR SKIN.
- Increase your water intake.
- Wear SPF and reapply as recommended, follow full sunsmart guidelines.
- Do not use face washers or cloths on the skin, apply cleanser with clean hands.